Saturday, June 12, 2010

Blah, I still suck at Summer!

So many goals and so many aspirations, and now, too many plans going through my head.  I realize that I just don't have enough time to do it all, but when else?  There's school for eight months of the year, and parents like school, and then I'm stuck with summer where I have to work all the time to pay for school.  now don't get me wrong, I love school, that's why I'm on student council this coming year (I go to school at Columbia Bible College in Abbotsford BC, Canada).  But really!  I get myself involved in so much at school that I don't really have time for anything else.  And on top of stupid summer and school, I have a decent amount of debt built up from school and there's no way I'm able to work it off in the Summers and I don't have time during the rest of the year.  ya know, I kinda just want to become a beach bum in California and work for some board shop or be a waiter on a cruise, or anything really.

I do really want to go to California soon.  I've spotted the ideal time and it's this Summer right before going back to school. I don't think it will be an overly expensive trip and I'm young, I have plenty of time to work off debt right? I sure hope so...  I plan to fly into LA around August 23 and possibly stay in a hotel that night.  the rest of the time I think I'd just like to sleep in a tent, hostels if I can find them, and the SUV that a friend it probably bringing.  the plan is that I fly in possibly with another school friend and meet a friend or two in the SUV (who will drive down from BC).  meet up that night hopefully, and then do whatever for the next 4 or 5 days until we have to start driving back north.  or...  we could start driving up earlier and make some stops along the way.  I was actually inspired to plan this little trip after listening to Katy Perry and Snoop's song 'California Gurls'.  Cali Girls are unforgettable you know! ;)  Well, I'm super excited about this trip, and I'm going to try and force it to go through, but I know guys my age have a tendency to mess up plans and have everyone drop out.  I don't want that happening.  and you know, while I'm at it, why don't I just go and start making more plans!  (blah, too much in my head)  this one came about at about 2:00am in a Tim Horton's in our town.  Maybe, just maybe, I won't move back home to 'friendly Manitoba' next summer!  bam!  Well for me that's huge, for some probably not as much of a big deal, but for me, like i said, huge!  I've never really been independent on a large scale before, sure, I moved 3 provinces away to go to school, but everything's taken care of at school, so I don't count that.  I've went on two, two week long mission trips to Lima, Peru but it was perfectly safe and i was in groups all the time, and again, everything I needed was taken care off for me!  I'll turn 20 next January and I feel like I have no actual independent life experience.  so...  why not stay in BC for the Summer?  well, I won't be able to live for free at my parents' place and won't have a vehicle, and will probably not make as much money because I've got a really great paying job here at home.  but the way I see it, if I live with a friend or two, or three even, it won't cost any of us a lot of money, If i can nail down a job that I enjoy, possibly they'll let me stay on as part-time for the school year (making money still), and I'll be learning and gaining valuable life experience.  I wouldn't even have to take a full course load if I was living nearby and working, I would be content continuing to learn and finishing whatever programs I want while I figure out what I actually want to do with my life, as a career I mean.  then next summer comes around and I'll still have a place to live, possibly could buy a vehicle, and will have built a life (a student's life mind you) for myself!  I guess I should look at jobs second semester and if I find something, I'll consider putting this plan into motion.  I have so many other plans too, plans for myself (health, fitness, etc.), plans for future house, career plans, social plans for back at school, just too many plans.  I like knowing what I'm doing, but when my plans start to restrict me I don't like it at all...

On a different note, I finished the last 2 books in the "Harry Potter" series, they were actually quite good, especially the last one (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) in my opinion.  It had my imagination going like you wouldn't believe.  I was impressed by her writing as well, I think she manipulated the characters very well, especially Severus Snape!  I'm not sure what to read next, I have 3 more series' to read through this summer and then a stack of other books.  I think I'll read "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller first, then maybe move on to the Chronicles of Narnia series.  sounds like a plan!  (another plan...)

I'm having trouble arranging things still, I think I have the work out thing with my uncle almost figured out  and I've decided to basically move into my Grandma's for the summer. She's closer to work and basically everything except church and it's quieter since I have to sleep during the day (I work the night shift).  but I have to organize meeting with my BBBS little Brothers soon, I worry that they think I've forgotten about them.  I'm just sucking with organizing my time and using it wisely.  Maybe with the lessened distractions that my Gma's house provides I'll get better.  Hopefully.  I need some social time though.  so...  going clubbing with some girls tonight, should be fun. A release at least.

Love the movie Avatar, I saw it a couple times in theaters and I just watched it again last night.  The speech he makes gives me goose bumps.  is that weird?  i hope not, I'll just blame it on my imagination.  I picture myself there about to fly off into the fight for Pandora!  epic. 

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment